Nintendo Online Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Super Smash Bros. U Thread of Speculation, Praying, and Discussion
by Knuckles Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:34 pm

» The Happy Birthday Thread
by NoUsernameHere Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:25 am

» The Word Game
by KiDasharus Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:24 am

» The Ultimate Nintendo Villain: The Search (Round 12)
by Ideal Hero Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:16 pm

» Mega Man 7 Review (SNES)
by Capn' Pancakes Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:45 am

» The Ultimate Nintendo Villain: The Search (Round 11)
by NoUsernameHere Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:48 pm

Convince me why I should buy a Wii U

5 posters

Go down

Convince me why I should buy a Wii U Empty Convince me why I should buy a Wii U

Post by Knuckles Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:34 pm

I have followed the Wii U ever since the announcement of Project Café, I read NL every day, and I'm not very interested in the Wii U console itself. What has me interested are the upcoming games.

So I'm asking you guys to try and convince me why to buy the system besides the games. What makes the Wii U a better console than the PS4 and XBOX One? I'm asking you guys because you own the system, and will give it to me straight instead of through a news standpoint.

Thank you.
Knuckles
Knuckles
SEGA Admin
SEGA Admin

Exp. Points : 2109

http://www.backloggery.com/knuckles

Back to top Go down

Convince me why I should buy a Wii U Empty Re: Convince me why I should buy a Wii U

Post by Capn' Pancakes Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:31 pm

I for one really enjoy the Wii U. The GamePad is a really great controller and it's very handy even when you're just using it for a map. The interface is also pretty good, especially Miiverse.

Like you said though, the games are what make a console and some great ones are coming out this fall. Sonic Lost World, Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, and DKC Tropical Feeze just to name a few.
Capn' Pancakes
Capn' Pancakes
Reviewer

Exp. Points : 468

Back to top Go down

Convince me why I should buy a Wii U Empty Re: Convince me why I should buy a Wii U

Post by KiDasharus Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:18 pm

Well, it really is the games with the Wii U. I may not be 100% worth having one right now, but to name some great titles on Wii U or coming to Wii U...

NSMBU
Nintendo Land
NSLU
LEGO City Undercover
Pikmin 3
The Wonderful 101
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Sonic Lost World(in glorious HD)
Shovel Knight
Cloudberry Kingdom
Little Inferno
Game and Wario
Earthbound
Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Rayman Legends
Mighty No. 9(I have 100% faith in it reaching it's stretch goal)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Unannounced Wii U Zelda
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Yarn Yoshi

And that isn't even all of it. There will be many more games announced soon probably, and I think the Wii U has a bright future. Maybe after the price drop it'll be worth it to you though.

EDIT: Believe me when I say the GamePad has to be my favorite controller ever. As in, everything just seems to be right where I want it. Not just because of the awesome screen in the middle.
KiDasharus
KiDasharus
1-Up Admin
1-Up Admin

Exp. Points : 1817

http://www.backloggery.com/3dangerous3dash

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuckles Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:38 pm

I see what you did there with Sonic Lost World(In Glorious HD).
You know I can't resist anything Sonic related. Convince me why I should buy a Wii U 2613302377
Knuckles
Knuckles
SEGA Admin
SEGA Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KiDasharus Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:52 am

Also, to add a few I forgot yesterday, BIT.TRIP Runner 2, Pokémon Rumble U, X(Monolith Soft's game), Shin Megami Tensei Vs. Fire Emblem, and Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed, which from what I've heard, is over 9000 times better than the 3DS version Wink
KiDasharus
KiDasharus
1-Up Admin
1-Up Admin

Exp. Points : 1817

http://www.backloggery.com/3dangerous3dash

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuckles Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:08 pm

@ KiDasharus Like I told True, I'll wait for a price drop before I double dip on Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. And I need to 100% complete that piece of garbage before I play a superior version.
Knuckles
Knuckles
SEGA Admin
SEGA Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonder_Mask Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:36 pm

For the gamepad alone I'd recommend it. The controller is a love letter to the handhelds of old, yet it brings a delightfully large amount of new gameplay opportunities to the table. The shape and contour of the device is delightful, the motion controls are responsive, and virtual console games are easily playable on the gamepad alone. It's a brilliant, pleasant to hold controller. Smile
Wonder_Mask
Wonder_Mask

Exp. Points : 799

Back to top Go down

Post by True Hero Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:00 pm

@Happy - Exactly. I was shocked at how much I enjoyed the GamePad.
When I ordered my Wii U, I was really only interested in the future games. I thought the GamePad was nice, but it wasn't too interesting to me. However, once I got to hold the GP in my hand and try it for myself, I loved it. It's so unique and comfortable. Plus, it's super handy with its remote control features. The off-screen play is also a real big plus. I can play EarthBound on the GamePad while I give Ideal pointers as he plays Pikmin 2 on the Wii.
Despite the various issues Wii U has had, I've never regretted getting it the day after launch (stupid UPS).
True Hero
True Hero
Pokefan Admin
Pokefan Admin

Exp. Points : 857

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum