Nintendo Online Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Super Smash Bros. U Thread of Speculation, Praying, and Discussion
by Knuckles Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:34 pm

» The Happy Birthday Thread
by NoUsernameHere Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:25 am

» The Word Game
by KiDasharus Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:24 am

» The Ultimate Nintendo Villain: The Search (Round 12)
by Ideal Hero Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:16 pm

» Mega Man 7 Review (SNES)
by Capn' Pancakes Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:45 am

» The Ultimate Nintendo Villain: The Search (Round 11)
by NoUsernameHere Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:48 pm

Staff Top 5s: Most Addicting Games!

Go down

Staff Top 5s: Most Addicting Games! Empty Staff Top 5s: Most Addicting Games!

And now, it's time for another Staff Top 5s!

Today, we staffers list our top 5 games we couldn't seem to pull ourselves away from, at least for a while.

Professor Clayton

1) Animal Crossing Series; The only time I enjoy doing chores.
2) Pokèmon Series; Gotta Catch 'em All!
3) Kid Icarus Uprising; with it's amazing story and millions of possible weapons to make.
4) Scribblenauts Series; especially the amazing sandbox home screen.
5) Dragon Quest IX; it's the most addicting RPG I've ever played, with a literally endless variety of bonus maps and ways to level up.

RedPanda

1) Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 'Nuff said, it's New Leaf. We waited a couple years for it, and we're no doubt going to get two years more of playing with it.
2) Rhythm Heaven - When you aren't playing, you're probably humming. I found the original's tunes much better than Fever's, so that's that, too. (Save Love Rap and the flexing stuff, though :-* )
3) Super Smash Bros. Brawl - It's just a blast to play, of course; I only wish more people would play it with me ;____; Online is a great pro to put it above Melee, despite lag.
4) Mario Kart: Double Dash - I loved everything about this game. Like Brawl, it's something to play with friends for hours.
5) Wii Fit Plus - There's nothing specific that makes this game addictive. I just can't at all deny I had a huuuuge addiction to this in fourth grade >____>

Knuckles

1) GTA- Some PSP version. I was too young when I let a school friend borrow one of my systems in exchange for some time on his PSP. I got hooked on GTA for a week, not knowing anything about it's M rating. Thankfully, we only swapped for a day, and once I drained the pathetic battery on his PSP, I stopped playing GTA. I couldn't stop thinking of all of the illegal activities I was doing, and reminising on the crazy things I did either. I haven't played GTA since that day.
2) Sonic 3 & Knuckles -I don't really need to tell you guys about this, right?
3) Kid Icarus: Uprising- Again, no explaination needed.
4) Fire Emblem Awakening- I have spent hundreds of hours on my new version, those hours would have been spent on KI:U if I hadn't done most of the things I wanted to on my old stolen version.
5) Animal Crossing New Leaf- Part of the reason I stopped playing this was that I spent too much time playing it, so I quit cold turkey style.

Happy Mask

5) Super Mario Bros. 3
Flipping awesome platformer, and my favorite Mario game. I still find myself coming back to the giant world.
4) Megaman 2
While Megaman 6 is likely my favorite in the series, this one is much more simplistic in design, making it replayable to no end.
3) Luigi's Mansion
The length of this game combined with the high score system definitely let you know that this is a title to come back to whenever you want to relive that haunting yet silly charm.
2) The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
While it's not necessarily a title most want to beat again, the vast amount of sidequests, and the ability to replay the temples make this Zelda the one to rule them all.
1) PunchOut!! Wii
Whenever I find myself with any free time, I play PunchOut!! Wii. I never get tired of trying to beat my old times, or performing well timed instant KO's.

True Hero

1) Pokemon
Gotta catch 'em all!
2) Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Chao Garden. That is all.
3) Animal Crossing
I shouldn't have to explain this.
4) Kid Icarus: Uprising
Fun multiplayer and an extensive weapon system are powerful hooks.
5) Jewel Adventures
It's simple fun. Great for whenever I have nothing to do.

Ideal Hero

1) Pokemon - Anyone of the entries in the series can dominate my game time. Especially a new release. Leveling up my mons and battling my bros can be a highly addictive blast.
2) Animal Crossing: New Leaf - You simply can't leave your house and town the way it is. It must get better!
3) Kid Icarus: Uprising - The story mode is a sheer blast that is full of replayability. Things get even more competitive and fun when in the game's multi-player. This can cause you to sink a great deal of time battling friends and fusing powerful new weapons.
4) Mario Kart 7 - Online races can be especially addictive, especially when you get on a good winning streak.
5) Jewel Adventure - A DSiWare match three game that I received for free. It is surprisingly fun and addictive game that is great for relaxing.

KiDasharus

1) Fire Emblem Awakening - I am ashamed to say I spent over 100 hours on this game within the first month of me owning it, something I have never done with any other game. There was one Saturday where I played this game for 11 hours straight.
2) Kid Icarus: Uprising - This was pretty much all I played from the end of March to the middle of June. There was a point my average daily gametime for this game was 4-5 hours. Even now I can easily get into it and love it.
3) Animal Crossing Series - I'll play New Leaf for 30 minutes to an hour every day. I just love every part of it. It certainly doesn't get old fast; there's so much to do!
4) Mario Kart 7 - A truly great Mario Kart game with a lot of replayability. I used to play it all the time, trying to beat my time trials and dominate online before and around the days of Uprising.
5) NightSky - This game is so amazing. It really pulls you in and keeps you fascinated with the worlds Nicalis has created and keeps it until you've beat the game. It might not be long-term addiction, but this was definetly all I played until I beat it both the Normal and Alternate courses.
KiDasharus
KiDasharus
1-Up Admin
1-Up Admin

Exp. Points : 1817

http://www.backloggery.com/3dangerous3dash

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Staff Top 5s: Most Addicting Games! :: Comments

KiDasharus

Post Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:23 pm by KiDasharus

I made a few small changes to how the answers were laid out, but that was all I did to the answers, in case you staffers were wondering. Well, there was a typo too, but that was it.

Back to top Go down

Wonder_Mask

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:02 pm by Wonder_Mask

@Dash Is it bad I invested well over that in my first month of FEA? D:
@True Thank you so much for understanding the Chao obsession.
My Friend: Dude, let's play some smash bros already, you've been doing this game for hours.
Me: NO I HAVE TO BREED TO GET A CLEAR CHAO THEN GIVE IT A BAT AND A SKELETON DOG, LET IT REINCARNATE THRICE, THEN IT WILL BECOME GOD!

Back to top Go down

KiDasharus

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:12 pm by KiDasharus

Happy - I can't imagine anyone playing it more than I did, so, um, yeah D:

Back to top Go down

Knuckles

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:43 pm by Knuckles

Well, I never really enjoyed the Chao Gardens. I know I know.

Ban me now.

Back to top Go down

Wonder_Mask

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:46 pm by Wonder_Mask

I can't ban my superiors! Without a pecking order, the world will descend into chaos (no pun intended)!

Back to top Go down

Knuckles

Post Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:51 am by Knuckles

Now I'm curious, did you really try to ban me?

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down