Nintendo Online Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Super Smash Bros. U Thread of Speculation, Praying, and Discussion
by Knuckles Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:34 pm

» The Happy Birthday Thread
by NoUsernameHere Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:25 am

» The Word Game
by KiDasharus Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:24 am

» The Ultimate Nintendo Villain: The Search (Round 12)
by Ideal Hero Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:16 pm

» Mega Man 7 Review (SNES)
by Capn' Pancakes Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:45 am

» The Ultimate Nintendo Villain: The Search (Round 11)
by NoUsernameHere Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:48 pm

The Staff Remembers: Luigi

Go down

The Staff Remembers: Luigi Empty The Staff Remembers: Luigi

In this new series of articles, the staff of NOF reflects upon their gaming history and they respond to a prompt about their first and fondest memories of a series.  Since this year is of course the year of Luigi, we thought it was fitting to start with our memories of the man in green.  Enjoy.  The Staff Remembers: Luigi 71369151 

True Hero:
Now let's see... I believe my first experience with the Man in Green was in Super Mario Bros. 3. Ideal played as Luigi while I did Mario. Me and Ideal probably formed a brotherly rivalry similar to Mario and Luigi's while we played through the game: we worked together, but we each wanted to be the best.

I do remember one particular time playing as Luigi in SMB3. I found a 1-Up Mushroom, but was unable to get it. I didn't worry, though because I thought that it just must have been a Super Mushroom for Luigi, because it was green and all (Bear in mind that 3 was my first Mario game). I still chuckle at that.   

Ideal Hero:
My first experience with Luigi was in Super Mario Bros. 3. True had gotten the GBA version for Christmas and wanted someone to play with. We would pass the game back and forth, he playing as Mario and I playing as Luigi. Morton was giving us some trouble in the second world, but I managed to finally overcome him with the man in green. It was a crowning moment of awesome!

Knuckles:
My first clear meeting with Luigi was back on the NES, playing NES Open Tournament with my dad. We played that golf game for a long time, and I don't have any definate memories except hours being wasted trying to get the NES to work when the wires weren't responsive. And the sight of Luigi making a hole in one is still implanted in my brain. Now can we move on to the first memories of Sonic the Hedgehog? The Staff Remembers: Luigi 1928848736

Cyb3Rnite:
Well, I had a SNES since I was five, and I played Super Mario All-Stars a lot. I guess I started to recognize who Luigi was when I played Mario Kart DS. My brain considered him an important part of SMB after playing as him in SSBB when I was 10-ish.

3Dash:
If I remember correctly, the first time I ever encountered the man in green was in Super Mario 64 DS. He's my favorite unlockable character in the game, as he can jump and flutter in the air, making some of those longer jumps easier. Plus, overall, he was cooler than anyone else, from being able to walk temporarily on water to becoming invisible and (somehow) walking on the other side of a mirror. It's good Luigi gets a year of respect, it's been far too long Mario's held the top position.

TricolorYoshi:
Well, my very first experience with luigi is in super Mario 64 DS. I enjoyed using him in the game, I was especially find of his ability to run on water, flutter kick to slow his descent, and his ability to spin in the air upon using a backflip. It also just so happens that this game was my intoduction to Mario, and video games in general, and is probably the reason I'm so fond of luigi and yoshi, since they were my favorite characters to play as throughout the game. So really, overall, LUIGI IS AWESOME. That is all.

ProfessorClayton:
Luigi is certainly a great character, from his humble beginnings as a doppelganger of Mario, to his ghost busting career of today. My first experience with the Green Hero was in Super Mario Bros. 3, playing Co-Op with my brother. By far the best character in the game, I proceeded to get all the way to the final level; which had never been possible with Mario. Luigi then went and defeated the final boss, stomping on his head. But unfortunately the pure awesomeness of his actions caused the system to die right after the end credits.

Happy_Mask:
Luigi is actually my favorite of the two brothers, ever since I first played as him in Luigi's Mansion on Gamecube.  I had seen him around in other games(such as Super Smash Bros on N64), but to me, he was simply a recolor with a more slender figure than his chubby brother.  I'll never forget anything about Luigi's Mansion.  While the atmosphere was perfect, it was really Luigi and his witty yet cowardly personality that made the game for me.  With an entire year dedicated to ole green 'stache, it appears Luigi is finally getting the attention he deserves.

And there you have it.  Have a whimsical anecdote of your first adventure with the lean green moustache machine?  Tell us about it in the comments! The Staff Remembers: Luigi 71369151
Wonder_Mask
Wonder_Mask

Exp. Points : 799

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The Staff Remembers: Luigi :: Comments

Professor Clayton

Post Thu May 09, 2013 8:01 pm by Professor Clayton

Well said my good man, and heres to a year of the Green Moustache. The Staff Remembers: Luigi 1165551496

Back to top Go down

KiDasharus

Post Thu May 09, 2013 10:06 pm by KiDasharus

Nice! Can't wait for the next one. Great idea Happy~

Back to top Go down

Tricoloryoshi

Post Thu May 09, 2013 10:48 pm by Tricoloryoshi

I brofist you @dash, super Mario 64 DS!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

KiDasharus

Post Thu May 09, 2013 11:01 pm by KiDasharus

/me brofists Tri~

Back to top Go down

Cyb3Rnite

Post Fri May 10, 2013 1:41 am by Cyb3Rnite

Wishin' I had more money for LMDM.

Back to top Go down

Capn' Pancakes

Post Fri May 10, 2013 12:02 pm by Capn' Pancakes

This is a really cool article, nice job @Happy
Needs more pancakes though The Staff Remembers: Luigi 2613302377

Back to top Go down

Professor Clayton

Post Fri May 10, 2013 12:11 pm by Professor Clayton

My GBA actually did die as I finished, ironically the power light was red as in Mario instead of Green for Luigi.

Back to top Go down

NoUsernameHere

Post Fri May 10, 2013 5:56 pm by NoUsernameHere

Luigi has always been my favorite out of the Mario Bros~ The Staff Remembers: Luigi 1165551496 The Staff Remembers: Luigi 71369151 The Staff Remembers: Luigi 1165551496 The Staff Remembers: Luigi 71369151 The Staff Remembers: Luigi 1165551496

Back to top Go down

Ideal Hero

Post Tue May 14, 2013 12:00 pm by Ideal Hero

Good idea @Happy. We should do this again sometime. The Staff Remembers: Luigi 123954452

Back to top Go down

True Hero

Post Tue May 14, 2013 12:14 pm by True Hero

Let's not let Luigi hog the spotlight, though. He'd be nowhere without Waluigi.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down